If you have crooked teeth, you need to get orthodontics and straighten them. But do you hate the idea of wearing metal braces for a few years? Call Tulip Tree Dental Care today at 574-208-5668 and schedule your next appointment for our orthodontic alternatives. Dr. Hurcomb has the training and practical experience to know how these three alternatives will help your smile.
Why A Straight Smile Is Important
All orthodontic treatments do the same basic job: reposition crooked teeth so your smile is straight and aligned. While that’s a benefit all unto itself, having a set of aligned, straight teeth can have far-reaching effects:
- You tend to be more confident and self-assured when your smile looks great.
- It’s harder for food particles to get trapped in a tight smile.
- Your bite won’t cause irregular worn spots on your teeth.
- It’s easier talking to people when you’re not worried about how your smile looks.
That’s why you need to call our South Bend, IN dental office today and schedule an appointment with Dr. Hurcomb. The longer you wait to call, the longer you’ll have to wait until you can enjoy those benefits.
Tulip Tree Dental Care offers three alternatives to traditional braces: Fastbraces®, Invisalign®, and Ortho-Tain®. Here is why each of those might be just what your smile needs.
Fastbraces® For Quick, Comfortable Results
This is one of our newest orthodontic treatments. Traditional braces move the visible part of the tooth, dragging the root along with it. That’s partly why traditional braces take so long. Fastbraces® uses uniquely shaped brackets and wires that can move the entire tooth, root included. By doing so, Fastbraces® gets you results much faster.
Why Fastbraces® are better than traditional braces:
- You can be finished with Fastbraces® within 5 months.
- There’s less discomfort because the whole tooth is gently moved.
- You’ll get a smile full of straight, aligned teeth.
- It can be used to make space for dental implants.
Call us today at 574-208-5668 to schedule your appointment for Fastbraces®. Dr. Hurcomb has the training necessary to use Fastbraces® for quick, comfortable results.
Invisalign® Clear Aligners For “Invisible” Orthodontics
If you have heard about “invisible braces,” this might be what they were talking about. However, Invisalign clear aligners are not braces at all. They’re a series of clear plastic trays similar to but thinner than mouthguards. You wear them over your teeth
Why Invisalign is better than traditional braces:
- They’re almost invisible when worn.
- The aligners are more comfortable and will not catch on the inside of your mouth.
- They come out whenever you need to eat.
- Invisalign is often finished in less than a year.
By calling today to schedule your first Invisalign appointment, you can be that much closer to having straight teeth. Dr. Hurcomb knows that metal braces can be embarrassing, which is why she is trained to use Invisalign clear aligners as your orthodontic treatment.
Ortho-Tain® For Younger Children
This revolutionary orthodontic treatment is only for children. It’s like braces for kids that they only wear at night, but it goes farther than that. Ortho-Tain has been shown to strengthen throat muscles in children. This helps them keep their airway open at night so they can sleep better. Some children even have improved focus and attention after using Ortho-Tain.
Why Ortho-Tain is better than traditional braces:
- It’s specifically designed for younger children.
- They can be finished in under two years.
- It can strengthen throat muscles, helping kids breathe easier and sleep better.
If your child needs some help, call our South Bend, IN dental office today and schedule an appointment. Our staff loves working with children, and we do it well. Your child can get the dental care they need while feeling safe and welcome.
Call us TODAY at 574-208-5668 to schedule an appointment for Fastbraces®, Invisalign, or Ortho-Tain. Dr. Hurcomb has the experience you need to help decide which is best for you. Finally, you can have a straight, aligned smile without traditional braces.